LOCAL ONLINE SKIP HIRE | Skip Hire Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions.
1. The customer is responsible for the siting of the skip/container. Customers requesting or ordering vehicles off the public highway must accept full liability and responsibility for claims, damages and expenses we may thereby sustain, whether as a result of damage to the vehicles themselves or skips/containers or the property of customers or third parties or any injuries to the customers or third parties and will indemnify us against all claims, demands and costs howsoever arising.
2. Customers shall reimburse us in respect of any loss or damage to the skips/containers whilst on hire to them however caused including fair wear and tear. They shall also fully indemnify us in respect of any claims for injury to persons or property arising out of the use of the skips/containers whilst on hire to them.
3. If the customer requires a skip/container to be placed on the public highway, we will apply for the correct license on their behalf. We will provide lights and cones however, customers must ensure the cones are applied appropriately and the skips/containers are lit at all times especially during the hours of darkness. Any call out by the highways or local authorities is chargeable to the customer. Please note that the highways/local authorities do not apply refunds for permits. The skip/container will be collected on the last day of the permit regardless of the hire time unless we are contacted and made aware that a permit extension is needed.
4. Customers shall ensure safe loading into skips/containers at all times regardless if sited on private land or public highways.
5. All skips/containers are hired for a maximum of 14 days. We reserve the right to collect the skip on the fifteenth day from delivery unless otherwise agreed. There are no refunds.
6. Should the company become aware that customers have our skips/containers and are not in compliance with our terms and conditions of hire, we reserve the right to remove the container immediately without notice.
7. Skips/containers are only to be filled so they form a level top with the sides of the skip/container. If the driver considers the load unsafe, we will be unable to remove it until rectified by the customer. If overloaded but safe to transport, a surcharge will be applied. Please note that soil, rubble and any other heavy items are not allowed to be placed in anything larger than an 8 yard skip.
8. Fires are not permitted at any time in our skips/containers. Any damage caused by burning whether accidental or deliberate will be chargeable.
9. No hazardous materials must be placed in any skip/container including asbestos, liquids, pyrotechnics, paints and solvents. Extra charges apply to mattresses, fridges/freezers, batteries, TV´s/monitors/computers, fluorescent tubes, printers/scanners/photocopiers and gas bottles. Please see our website for a full list of charges.
10. Our prices allow for the vehicle to be on site for a maximum of 30 minutes as part of our wait and load service. Anything over this period of time will be chargeable at £1 + vat per minute.
We at Local Online Skiphire take your privacy seriously. This policy covers the collection, processing and other use of personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998, for which purpose the data controller is Local Online Skiphire. By using Local Online Skiphire website, you consent to the policy.
We will collect personal data on this wehsite only if it directly provided to us by you the user, eg. Your email address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. Normally you will only provide such details if you are making a purchase from us.
Your payment information (eg credit card details) provided when you make a purchase from our website is not received or stored by us. That information is processed securely and privately by the third party payment processors that we use, HSBC Banking. We will not have access to that information at any time.
We may share your personal data with our payment processors but only for the purposes of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are banned from using your personal data, except to provide these necessary payment services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and payment information.
We will not transfer, share, sell, rent or lease your personal data to third parties. We collect and use your personal data to operate the website and deliver the goods and services requested by you.
The transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site, any such transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.